zondag, augustus 04, 2013

How did I start collecting fragrances?

How did I start collecting fragrances?

Back in 2007 I was about to turn 17. I was starting to date a lot at that time so it was time to buy my first real fragrance. I was given some other fragrances before but those weren’t “mature” enough anymore. One day I was watching television and an advert popped up of “Acqua Di Gio”. I did some research on YouTube and stumbled upon a clip where a guy explained that ”ADG” was the number one in scoring women. Being a 17 year old I HAD TO HAVE that fragrance. So I saved up some money and bought my own first bottle.

After a while ADG wasn’t enough anymore… I wanted more so I went back online and did some research. I quickly found some clips on the all mighty YouTube. A guy named “Tim Swetcoff” popped up and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Tim was one of the first YouTube fragrance reviewers. I dare to say he could sell “Secretions Magnifiques” like cotton candy to a kid.
I went back to the local perfumery and bought things like “Emporio Armani Diamonds”, “Issey Miyake”, etc…

After a while later another reviewer popped up on YouTube and he was determined to dominate the fragrance game. I must admit that his first couple of reviews weren’t that convincing but that changed fast and he became the fragrance guru we all know as “Robes08” aka Marc.
At this point the ball was starting to roll. First I bought all famous bottles such as “Light blue”, “Chanel Allure homme sport”, etc.. Marc’s taste in fragrances started to change and so did mine but I sticked to designer fragrances as Marc went to the niche side of things. Although I sticked to the “cheaper” fragrances, I bought more daring stuff such as “Fahrenheit”, “Antidote by Viktor & Rolf” and “Comme des garcons 2”.
Now I’ve got around 60-70 fragrances and my collection is still growing and so is the fragrance community that I love so much.


Thank you for being awesome!



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten