woensdag, juni 18, 2014

Sampling: Gucci rush (Quick thoughts)

Gucci rush was created in 2000. A couple of years later it was discontinued. We all know that when this happens people intend to create a huge hype. I guess people want what they can't get.. Curious as I was I fixed some Gucci rush samples.
GR(As I will call it from now on) is definitely a great scent. It's a well blended chypre, woody fragrance. The main notes that I detect are Cedar (loads of it), juniper and musk.
Staying power is above average and projection moderate.
As it is with most of these over hyped discontinued fragrances pricing goes up to the point it's simply too much. Nowadays a 3.4 oz bottles on ebay goes for the utterly ridiculous price of $200.
As I said above GR is pretty good but it ain't worth $200.
So I came to a conclusion and went for the next best thing: Comme des garçons Wonderwood.
Both fragrances have a lot in common but I find Wonderwood a lot more intense and deeper and it's cheaper as well.

So my conclusion: If you wanna pay $200 for Rush.. Do it but make sure to test Wonderwood before you make that deposit!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten